Gone are the days when men used manual shaving devices such as blades. With new inventions of electric shavers, it is much easier now to shave quickly and achieve a smooth shave as well.
Electric shavers have features which ensure that not only do they get the work done quickly, but also ensure that your skin is protected from irritations.
How? Unlike razor blades which have to be pressed next to the surface to get a good shave, electric shavers give an excellent shave even without forcing it on the skin. This in return helps one avoid getting cuts on the surface.
Although electric shavers have all these benefits, there are crucial factors that one needs to put into consideration when buying the devices.
Men prefer different beard sizes, and we cannot forget that they also have sensitive skins. So, you need to make sure that the shaver you purchase will give you your desired look and keep your skin safe too. Here are a few points to consider when buying an electric shaver for men.
Your preferred beard look
Are you the type of man who wants to have a smooth look on your face or you only like trimming your beard to a given size?
This is an essential question to ask yourself before you head to the shop to buy an electric shaver. There are two different categories of electric shavers which are the foil and rotary.
The foil shaver is suitable for people with sensitive skin or for people who like to shave on a daily basis.
This is because it is equipped with a foil around the blade area that prevents the razor from getting too close to the skin.
This helps you prevent from getting irritated on the face no matter how many times you shave in a day.
Note that this kind of shaver is not suitable for trimming the beard as it is not too sharp.
This kind of shaver is equipped with a spinning disc and rotating heads suitable for covering all areas with the beard.
They also work magic in enabling one to trim the hair around the face and even contour the sideburns to different styles.
It is suitable for cutting long hair and can also fit people who tend to grow beard quickly.
The electric shavers are classified into three categories based on power usage. There are those that are powered with batteries, and others have rechargeable batteries while others have to be plugged on power for them to function.
Your convenience determines the choice of these three categories. For example, if you are always on the move, a shaver that is powered by a rechargeable battery would suit you since it is easy to slip in the travel bag.
IF you are an occasional shaver, a shaver powered by batteries will suit you since the batteries will last you for long considering you are not using the device most of the times.
Wet or dry shave
Some people prefer shaving their beard using shaving gels while others prefer to cut on dry skin.
The good news is that some electric shaver models are suitable for use in wet areas while others should not get into contact with water.
So, when buying the shavers, make sure to check if it can be used in the shower or not. That is if you like to shave using shaving gels and creams.
Note that there are some electric shavers which are suitable for both dry and wet shave.
Braun Electric Shaver Series 77865 cc
- If he appreciates quality and style, this will be a great gift for him. The Braun Series 7 is a 100% waterproof smart electric shaver designed for a close and gentle shave - engineered in Germany to last up to seven years.
- A must-have gift for men! Built-In Responsive Intelligence automatically adapts to the features of his face, for a shave that's personal to him.
- Four synchronised shaving elements achieve in one stroke what others do in two*.
- Five persaonalised shaving modes allow him to adjust the power to his personal skin type and shaving style.
- The razor's skin-friendly precision trimmer helps him easily reach difficult areas, like under the nose or sideburns.
If you like keeping your beard as short as possible or you don’t like beard at all, Braun is the perfect shaver for you.
The electric shaver is designed with foil shaver blade which protects your face from being irritated due to constant or close shaving.
It has a rechargeable battery, and this means that you can carry the shaver around when traveling around the world.
The shaver is designed with excellent material which allows the men to shave either while in the shower or before/ after the shower.
The outer part is made of waterproof materials that cannot get damaged when submerged in the water.
Automated adoption to the skin
Aside from ensuring that your face does not experience irritation when shaving when using this device, it is equipped with automatic face adoption which enables one to get their desired shave with ease.
Unlike other shavers which you have to pass two or more times to get a good shave, Braun shaver is equipped with four synchronized elements which enable one to achieve a complete shave with just one stroke.
Five shaving modes
As said earlier, men also have sensitive skin, and if you are not careful when using electric shavers, you can easily cut your skin or even develop bumps after shaving.
So, Braun is designed to ensure that you do not incur any accident while shaving thanks to the equipped alternative shaving modes.
You can comfortably pass the shaver close to the skin without worrying about cutting yourself. This is possible because the shaver has five shaving modes to choose from.
Skin friendly razor
The electric shaver has a skin-friendly razor that allows one to trim even on the sensitive areas of the face such as under the nose, chin, and the neck.
You don’t have to worry regarding how to pack the shaver in case you are traveling. The pack comes with a travel case where you can store the shaver.
- The battery is long lasting.
- The shaver is easy to travel with. (since it is cordless and comes with travel case for secure packaging).
- Braun shaver is ideal for sensitive skin as it can be adjusted to different shaving modes.
- It is flexible such that you can shave with or without shaving gels
- Shaves four times faster than other razors.
- The shaver provides a firm grip when cutting.
- Some customers have complained about the shaver being a bit bulky.
- It takes longer time when cleaning.
- The charging station is a bit bulky too.
Braun electric shaver is an excellent shaving device for people who are always on the move and men with sensitive skin.
It allows you to shave your beard to suit your preferred look which is achieved faster than when using other razors.
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900
- Perfection in every pass: Each shaving head moves in 8 directions to cut up to 20 percent more hair. Automatic voltage 100-240 V. Stand-by power 0.15 W
- Special Wet & Dry electric Edition with aquatic technology so you can enjoy a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with gel or foam
- The wet & dry electric shave system cuts hairs up to 30 percent closer to the skin for close and comfortable shave. Run time: 50 min. Shave closer with the dual-blade Super Lift & Cut Action. The first blade raises each hair while the second blade comfortably cuts below skin level, for exceptionally smooth results
- The click on beard styler, equipped with five length settings, gives you the flexibility to create the look you want
- This package contains only the electric shaver
Philips has never disappointed when it comes to the manufacturing of the best electric shavers, and this model is one of the most recommended shavers for all types of skin.
It gives a smooth cut at every pass to save you time and give you a clean shave as well. Whether you like to have a dry shave or prefer using shaving gels and creams, this shaver will still function since it is ideal for both the dry and wet shave. The battery is reliable as it can run up to 50 minutes.
The shaver is equipped with a moving head which moves in 8 directions to give a complete cut at ones.
Research shows that this feature enables the shaver to cut up to 20 percent more hair than other shavers.
Wet and dry shave
The shaver features aquatic shaving feature built allows you to use your favorite shaving liquids and if you don’t like shaving creams or gels, the device will still provide you with a sleek beard cut.
The blade equipped on the Philips Norelco can run about 30 percent closer to the skin to give you a comfortable shave without causing skin irritation.
Beard style setting
Whether you want to trim your mustache, trim the beard or even to cut off all the hair, this shaver is designed to fulfill your desired beard look.
It comes with five length shave settings that allow you to set and cut the beard to your preferred length and look.
- The electric shaver is suitable for both complete shaving and trimming your beard.
- It is safe for close shaving since the blade does not irritate or cut the skin even when you press it close to the surface.
- Cut 20 times more hair allowing you to spend less time in shaving.
- The shaver gives eight direction contour shavings.
- It is washable after every shave.
- The battery only takes an hour to charge fully.
- The battery life of this model is not impressive as it does not last long as compared to other electric shavers.
- Some customers have complained about the trimmer feeling a bit awkward when shaving around the nose and the ears.
- The shaver does not come with carrying case and therefore, you have to improvise one when traveling.
Philips Norelco electric shaver is ideal for men who are flexible when it comes to growing their beard.
It can be used for close shaving if you want to achieve a smooth shave and you can also use it for trimming and contouring your beard.
The price is affordable to many, and it comes with a two-year warranty against the manufacturer’s defects.
Panasonic Electric Shaver and trimmer
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic ARC4 men's electric shaver with four ultra-sharp precision-honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra-thin ARC foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave. The charging time is 1 hour and the shaves per charge (3min/1 shave) is approximately 14 shaves
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built-in pop-up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built-in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High-performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator: The shaver's 10-stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly. Power source 100 to 240 volt ac, 50 to 60 hertz. Motor voltage is 3.6 volt dc. Charging time is 1 hour
Whether you need to shave your facial hair or trim the edges completely, Panasonic electric shaver will help you achieve the desired look.
It has excellent features which make it easy to shave the beard in different styles and sizes too.
The Panasonic shaver is designed with three ultra-sharp nanotech blades which allows one to have a close shave, trim and even contour their beard quickly without cutting or causing skin irritation.
Wet and dry shave
If you are a fun of using shaving creams or you opt to shave on dry face, this shaver will still work for the both.
It has waterproof material that prevents it from getting damaged by the shaving liquids and the water.
It is also equipped with sensitive shaving features which ensure to leave your skin safe even after a dry shave.
Two in one trimmer
The shaver has an inbuilt pop-up trimmer essential for trimming the mustaches and contouring the sideburns.
Flexible pivoting head
The head of the Panasonic shaver has a flexible pivoting head which enables it to move in different directions to allow one to have a good shave even on the edges such as the chin, the neck and also the jaw areas.
Excellent performing motor
The motor equipped on this electric shaver wins when it comes to giving a quick and smooth shave. It is said to give up to 13,000 cuts per minute.
The handle of the shaver is designed with an LDC display which shows the life status of the battery.
- The battery takes an hour to charge.
- It comes with a carrying case which enables one to carry it around.
- Gives excellent and quick shave.
- It is suitable for different shaving styles.
- Can be used in wet and dry surfaces.
- The battery last for long.
- Does not cause skin irritation.
- It is a bit difficult to clean the blade and the screens of the shaver.
- It does not come with carrying packages.
- It has to be cleaned after every wet shave use which is quite time-consuming.
Panasonic is another reliable and versatile electric shaver to consider buying. It is ideal for a complete shave and for trimming beards too.
If you have sideburns, this shaver will enable you to have a proper contour and safe trimming even on sensitive areas like under the chin, on the neck and also under the nose.
The above reviewed electric shavers are the top best and most recommended on the market. The fact that you can use them for both dry and wet shaving makes them ideal for different shaving styles.
Make sure to follow the above-discussed buying guide when choosing an electric shaver of your choice.
Also, if you are always on the move and you need a shaver that you can tag along, check out the durability of the battery as you don’t need a shaver that you will have to keep on charging all the time.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.